Sep 13, 2010

On To The Next One

...fitting title, given that I'm bummed about missing the Jay-Z & Emenim concert tonight at Yankee stadium, lol. It's also fitting because I realize that my motivation was lacking over the past two weeks (hence my lack of posting), which led to a fledgling approach to fitness. Combine that with a trip to Miami, with a travel schedule that brought on old eating habits.  The end result was a 5 pound backslide! The later part of this past week, I've been vigilent about getting my eating on track, but my workouts have been slow to follow.

The day I got back from Miaimi, however, the Tracy Anderson book I had pre-ordered months before lay on my doorstep...as if it was a sign, lol!


To vastly summarize, this book is a 30-day bootcamp comprising of the muscular structure work Tracy has made famous, a much simpler version of her dance cardio, plus a diet. Starting today, I will begin performing her muscular structure work & cardio as prescribed. I have never been nor will I ever be a fan of "diets". The thought of following any sort of diet almost instantaneously compells me to overeat. I prefer to just focus of eating healthy, wholesome meals made of fresh, non-packaged ingredients.

Whereas in the past, Tracy advocated for working out 6x/wk, she ups the ante in this book suggesting you work out everyday to achieve your perfect proportion! That's right....everyday! Will be challenging for me, given that I start my training this week with long commuting times. Here we go....




No comments:

Post a Comment